Guidelines for Contributors
The Editorial board of SHEJ invites academicians, professionals and authors to contribute articles, research papers, case studies, abstract of doctoral dissertation and book review in the field of Special Education, Disability, Mental health, Rehabilitation, Vocational, Higher Education & other relevant areas.
- The manuscript should be in English.
- The contribution must be original, neither published nor under consideration for publication anywhere else.
- Contributions should be concise, maximum length of the review article, full-length papers and short communications not to exceed 10, 6 and 3 printed pages including illustrations and tables, respectively. Send one file only of less than one MB size including all.
- The Title page should have a brief informative title containing the major key words. The title should not contain abbreviations and may be of less than 40 characters. Present the full names of the authors; their institutional affiliations; email ID of the corresponding author and phone number (optional).
- The next page should contain an Abstract of 150 words. It should be self-explanatory, coherent with the topic with major findings and conclusion. It should be followed by 7 - 8 key words.
- The Manuscript (main body) should contain all the required sections, including abstract, introduction, methodology, results, discussion and conclusion.
It should be typed in Times New Roman, 12 font size, double space, A-4 size paper with normal margins. This can be a single file including text, tables,figures, illustrations etc.
- Table should be complete with title and footnotes.It should be cited in order in the text using Arabic numerals. Each table should be displayed on a separate page.
- Figure should have legend beneath it.
-Illustrations: Graphics should be executed in Microsoft Excel. If not possible, submit a camera ready copy.
- Illustrations and any graph reproduced must have under it the source of information.
- In all cases indicate the correct positioning of the item in the text.
- Follow British spellings throughout: ‘programme’ not ‘program’, ‘organisation’ not ‘organization’ ‘behaviour’ not ‘behavior’.
- A list of all the references cited in the manuscript should be listed at the end of the paper under the section References. The references should be presented as per the American Psychological Association (APA) 7th edition style of referencing. It should be prepared alphabetically with surname of all the authors followed by the initials and year of publication in brackets etc. (author- date style).
- The authors should submit one hard copy, one soft copy of the manuscript for publication as an attachment and send email to email@example.com.
- Please send your brief profile with areas of interest and academic affiliation etc. along with contribution.
- The contributing authors shall under his/her signature undertake/ declare that the article is original and unpublished work and is devoid of any plagiarism. The responsibility for any statement in the article rests with the author(s). The author has to submit an undertaking that the article has not been submitted elsewhere for publication/consideration.
- Authors/ Contributors are responsible for any copyright clearance, factual inaccuracies and opinion expressed in their contribution. Authors/ Contributors shall indemnify the SHEJ journal and its officials against any legal / other claim in all manner and SHEJ Journal shall not be liable for publishing the article in good faith in the interest of all the stakeholders.
- All the manuscripts are peer reviewed by experts in the subject-area.
- If a manuscript is returned to the authors for revision, it must be resubmitted within 20-25 days of its receipt. The article number allotted should invariably be referred in all correspondence.
- The evaluation of manuscript is made on the basis of their scholarly content in terms of relevance, novelty and scope as well as their presentation in terms of language and syntax. Evaluation process involves transparency and confidentiality of the submission.
- The Editorial Board has the full and unfettered right and sole discretion to accept or reject an article for publication depending entirely on its standard/relevance. The article accepted may be modified to meet the journal’s standards of contents, presentation and style.
- SRDE may re-use the details of authors/ articles/ material submitted/ published in SHEJ for its various other purposes as need be. SRDE may also extend courtesy to other such journals or link-up with other similar related organization for promotion of Articles/ SHEJ/ SRDE.
- The manuscript and all other editorial correspondence should be sent to
The Editor – SHEJ Society for Research & Development in Education A-1/4, Sector-8, Rohini, Delhi- 110 085 India Ph. Nos.: 011-27945852, 27948146 Mobile: 08750505286 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.srde.in